Do you feel your special child is ready to ditch his diapers? Does he feel uneasy or irritable on his diapers all day long? Then maybe he is ready to do toilet training and you are likewise excited to buy and choose from the best potty training toilet seats out in the market today.
This is really important because most special education programs require special kids to be toilet-trained partially or fully before they can be accepted to the school.
Aside from observing if your special child is ready for the training, like if he can follow simple instructions, can sit comfortably in the toilet bowl, is dry the whole night or at least 2 hours at daytime, etc., choosing the best potty training toilet seat for your child could make a big difference.
If he likes what you buy for him, he will be interested at all times to sit on it and will be potty trained in no time.
I have looked at the nine best potty training toilet seats in the market today thinking of their usability, durability, comfort, pleasure and interest for your child when using it.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read the full affiliate disclosure here.
1. Potty toilet trainer set with step stool ladder
- Click the image or here to see the price.
- Product dimension: 26 x 14.8 x 3.8 inches
- It measures 6.5″ or 8.8″ from floor to step ladder.
- It measures 16.1″ from floor to seat.
- The package includes: 1 footrest, 1 pad, 2 handlebars, 6 plastic screws, 1 screwdriver
- Comes in various colors: green, blue, red,pink
- Suitable for boys and girls with pee catching design to sustain their interest in toilet training.
- It can be easily assembled ( even kids can help their parents ) to fit in a toilet ranging from 14″ to 16.1″ from floor to toilet bowl seat.
- The sturdy design lets your child walk up and down and sit safely in the toilet.
- Very easy to remove and fold so the adults can use the toilet after your child is done.
- It comes with a padding on the toilet seat to make your child comfy when he seats.
- Best for 1-7 year olds, with the footrest being adjustable as your special child grows up.
- The very wide step and handles make it safe for the kids.
- Can also be used as a stepladder when kids brush their teeth.
- The stairs make it interesting for the kids.
- Does not fit high toilets over 61.1″ high.
- The splash guard is not tall enough for little boys.
- The seat is wide for small kids, so they have to sit closer to the front for them to feel safe, but makes their pee not fall properly to the toilet, rather ends up under the foam cushion or drip down his leg unto the floor.
- It is not that stable when folded and propped against a wall-needs a clip to keep it closed.
2. EasyGoProducts Potty toddler toilet trainer
- Product dimension: 14 x 13 x 6.8 inches
- It fits most standard or elongated toilet seats
- It can be adjusted to the size of your toilet seat.
- Comes with anti-splash at the base which makes it hygienic
- It is easy to clean up with a removable backrest
- it is easy to install and to remove when an adult needs the toilet.
- Easy to bring to travels because it comes with a handle.
- It comes with adjustable handles and 4 non-slip strips at the bottom to secure your child in place and prevent falling.
- With a soft cushion seat to make your child enjoy sitting comfortably.
- The cushion is removable for easy cleaning.
- There is a storage hangar that can be used on the side of the tank.
- It is light and doesn’t wobble.
- It cannot fit in some toilet seats.`
- It has a large gap on the sides of the front shield which allows urine to pass through to the seat and floor
- The lock is only useful for oval toilet seats.
- It is quite bulky to carry around.
3. Fisher-Price Ducky fun 3- in- 1 potty
- Product dimension: 45.7 x 34.3 x 33.5 cm
- It could be used 3 ways: as a potty chair, a step stool or a trainer ring.
- Can be fitted in most adult toilet seats. ( but cannot fit padded toilet seats )
- Splashguard can be removed for the boys.
- Can carry kids up to 100 lbs ( 45.4 kgs ) to be used as a sturdy stool.
- The friendly ducky character is inviting for small kids.
- With 4 tunes and fun ducky sounds that encourages your child to sit down comfortably and enjoy the music.( thus requires 3 AA batteries ).
- It is easy to bring for travel.
- The feet of the potty can be removed by taking off the screws if space in the car is limited and they can be easily put back when needed for stability.
- With handles that make the kids feel secure.
- The removable bowl makes cleaning easy.
- By removing the potty ring to fit in the adult toilet makes transition easy for bigger kids.
- The sound goes off randomly especially when it’s older.
- The songs play at times even when not in use which can become annoying especially at night.
4. Summer infant my size potty
- Product dimension: 15 x 11 x 15 inches
- Seating area: 9.5 x 11.25 inches; Interior seat opening: 4.5 x 6.25 inches
- Requires 2 lithium metal batteries ( included ) with a battery life of 6 hours.
- For kids 18 months up to 50 pounds.
- Comes in white and pink colors.
- With a removable clip on splash guard for boys.
- It helps the kids to transition easily because of the ” adult ” look.
- With a flip up lid design, to let boys easily pee while standing up.
- The removable bowl makes it easy to clean.
- With a built in wipe dispenser that keeps flushable wipes easy to reach and promotes hygiene.
- Makes your child feel rewarded with the flush handle with realistic sounds.
- It is not portable.
- The removable splash guard can fall off easily which makes peeing of boys a challenge.
- The seat cannot be detached from the potty if you plan to use it as toilet seat insert.
- It slides easily across the floor.
- Quite small for bigger kids
- It takes a lot of space in a small bathroom.
- Cannot be easily stored unless you disassemble it.
- Too many cracks and crevasses to wipe down.
- The back part does not stay on very well.
5. BabyBjorn Potty chair
- Product dimension: 36 x 35 x 31.5 cm
- Comes in various colors: gray, pink, blue, green, turquoise, white, purple
- Simple, ergonomic design with high backrest and comfy armrest
- BPA-free plastic
- With splash guard that prevents spills
- Easy to lift out and clean inner potty.
- With rubber strips on the bottom that make it stable.
- Difficult to store because of the big size and awkward shape.
- Hard to bring to travels because of the big size.
- The kids’ thighs and bum could get pinched by the plastic in between the potty and the chair
- A little pricey.
- Product dimension: 29.4 x 20.8 x 15 cm
- For 8 months to 6 year old boys
- With strong sucker that will allow adjustment of height according to size of your child
- Interesting frog shape and rotating windmill will let your little boy enjoy doing his thing
- Comes in different colors: blue, green ( also with stand up design), coffee
- Easy to clean design -with urine groove separation and smooth surface
- Can be put up on the wall easily
- Large capacity so urine will not overflow
- Teaches boys to pee standing up- makes them feel like an adult male
- Sometimes the suckers don’t stay up- needs to be screwed on, thus not suitable for tiled walls
- Not very big
7.Baby potty and chair by LuvdBaby
- Product dimension: 32.6 x 32.2 x 25 cm
- With bright fresh, funky design and in bright vibrant colours for another level of experience
- Light weight, very durable and easy to assemble.
- Suits well for tall kids
- Has a high back for support making it comfortable for the baby to sit.
- With 4 legs made stable with a non-slip rubber base.
- A raised splash guard prevents accidental spills.
- Provided with a lid and a removable potty to make cleaning easier.
- 100% lifetime warranty
- A little bit pricey compared to others
- Cannot be used as a step-not so stable, can tip forward
- Needs careful placement of the child in the seating position for safety and happy experience.
- With a tendency to tip forward when child gets off which can cause spillage
- Sometimes the legs come off
- Product dimension: 13 x 7 x 17 inches
- With a fun race car theme, your special boy will be encouraged to sit in the potty
- Kept in place by a non- skid bottom.
- 2-in-1 potty system allowing the trainer seat to be removed to fit in most adult toilet seats
- Less mess with the high splash guard
- Your child will feel more secure with the handles on the seat
- The lift-out pot makes it easy to clean.
- Because it has no lid, you are encouraged to clean it right away.
- Just right for younger boys being low and small
- Some little boys would think it is a toy, so would push it around.
- Pretty low and small for bigger boys
- With the pot being black, it is hard to see the pee and the poop.
- Not suitable for tall boys, too low that urine will splash everywhere.
- The seat is not very comfortable and leaves marks on a kid’s buttocks.
9. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn, Puppy Potty
- Product dimension: 11.8 x 14.2 x 14 inches
- Comes with Puppy’s potty time electronic storybook that child can read or hold while sitting in the potty- with 6 songs and 8 phrases and sounds
- Light weight and easily movable.
- Has integrated splash guard for boys
- Babies feel secure with handles on the removable potty ring
- Sings instantly on using the potty, so it encourages a kid to stay put until done with business plus reading the book makes the kid
- With 3 fun phrases, 3 short tunes and realistic flushing sound to reward successful attempts ( positive reinforcement )
- With a concave splash guard with a little rim inside to contain his pee inside.
- The book walks the kid through the potty process. Listening to the story distracts the kid as well and makes pooping relaxing and easier.
- The book is plastic and can be soaped and washed.
- The cute story in the book will make your child proud for getting potty trained like a big kid.
- It is low and not scary for the little one to sit on
- The seat can be moved to the regular toilet easily, thus can be used for traveling
- Better choice for kids who are stubborn with potty training, with entertainment and rewards
- Not suitable for boys because when they pee they tend to spray over the edge
- Small for a bigger kid
- The sensor will stop working after a while and could also sound randomly.
My top choices
There you go, I hope you have found something useful for your special kid, a potty toilet seat that will inspire him to go back again and again until he is fully trained.
If your child is still small, my personal choice would be the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn, Puppy Potty because it is comfortable, easy to clean and with additional bonus, that includes the electronic book and the positive reinforcement that it brings through the fun phrases, songs and realistic flushing sound.
For bigger boys and girls, I choose the BabyBjorn potty chair because it is stable and comfortable. Also, it is easy to clean and comes in different colours.
Depending on the capabilities and readiness of your special child, toilet training could be a struggle or a big challenge but with the help of the potty training toilet seat and your patience in training your kid, they will eventually hate their diapers and you will soon forget how hard training was.
Just try to be very patient and put some fun in letting your child be successful a lot of times.
Rewards definitely help!
Does your special child show readiness for potty training? Are you planning to buy a potty training toilet seat soon?
Click on any of the images above to pick your choice!
Or if you are now potty training, how are your experiences?